How can i help?
If you've been asking this question, here is some good information.
- Learn about the MUD OUT process by watching this video. This will be very helpful when cleaning out your house or someone you're helping out.
For the next three weekends, BC Recover Together (a collaboration of local churches and organizations) will send teams to mud out as many homes as possible in our community. Crews will be launching from both the Brazosport area and West of the Brazos. Check out the links below for more information and to sign up for a shift (or two).
- West of the Brazos sign up here
- Brazosport sign up here
- Text BPF Harvey to 73256 to give towards disaster relief. You can also give here.
MUD OUT Checklist
When helping with a mud out here are the suggested items to have (do not need to have all of these):
• Tetanus Shot if possible - Walgreen's
• Work shoes or boots, with thick soles if possible
• Work gloves
• Latex gloves
• Respirators - N95 and P100 are both rated for mold
• Hand sanitizer / wet wipes
• Ice chest / water
• Sack lunch
Tools – mark your name on them
• Pry bar / nail puller
• Flat or Square end shovel
• Utility knife, extra blades
• Regular & Push broom
• Dolly to move appliances
• Cordless skill saw
• Chalk line and tape measure
• Shop Vac, extension cords
• Box fan
• Boxes to save items not damaged / tape
• Trash bag to put clean clothes in